Heading over to the winter paradise anytime soon? Well, look no further. Your ultimate guide contains everything you need to know ahead of your trip!
Winter Wonderland, a favourite London tourist destination, will reopen on November 17th, 2022 and will end on January 2nd 2023.
If you’ve never visited Winter Wonderland, this is your opportunity, and believe me, you won’t want to miss it!
Winter Wonderland is a huge amusement park. It also features a number of attractions, including an ice rink, a magical ice kingdom, and a zippo Christmas circus.
This is the place to be this Christmas, whether you just feel like stopping by for a drink or want to catch an adrenaline rush, everyone is welcome in the winter paradise!
How to get to Winter Wonderland?
- The best way to get to Winter Wonderland is by public transport.
- The closest stations to winter wonderland are Hyde Park Corner, Marble Arch station and Knightsbridge station.
- If you are travelling by car then Q park is the recommended and safest car park.
For more information please visit https://hydeparkwinterwonderland.com/plan-your-visit/getting-here/
Entry tickets and times?
- Entry to Winter Wonderland is free during off-peak periods and costs between £5 to £7.50 during peak hours.
- If you spend £25 on any attractions, rides or games online through the winter wonderland website, your entry ticket will be free.
- Tickets for entry will only be accessible online, you will not be able to pay upon arrival.
- Winter wonderland will be open 7 days a week from November 17th to January 2nd from 10am to 10pm.
What attractions are on?
Tickets are more expensive during peak hours, ensure you go during off-peak hours to secure cheaper tickets. Fast-track tickets are available if you wish to skip the queue. Family deals are also available. Attractions include the following:
- Ice rink – Adults from £10.50 and kids from £7.50
- Magical ice kingdom – Adults from £8 and children from £6
- The giant wheel – Adults from £8 and children from £6
- Bar ice – Adults only from £13
- Real ice slide – Standard ticket £5
- Zippo Christmas circus – Adults from £11 and children from £8
Find out more about booking at https://hydeparkwinterwonderland.com/things-to-do/
Food and drinks?
Whether you just fancy a quick pint on the go or you want to sit down and enjoy your meal then winter wonderland has everything from street food stalls to cosy and warm bars with DJs playing you the best of tunes.
You can expect top-notch street food serving you delicious burgers, fries, hot dogs, mac and cheese, and much more! Or, if you’re in the mood for something sweeter, there is a variety of treats available for customers to enjoy, including churros, creperies and plenty of sweets to choose from.
Is Winter Wonderland child friendly?
While there are many intense thrill rides at Winter Wonderland, there are also a lot of smaller fairground attractions that younger guests can enjoy. Young visitors can enjoy an ice rink and Santaland, where they can see Father Christmas. Lines are usually long for Santa land so do bear this in mind.
If you are heading towards Santa land, then the red gate is the best route to go through.
Accessibility and wheelchair access?
The red gate is the best entry to use, however, all entries are reachable and step-free using tarmacked pathways. Step-free entry is available at the blue and green gates, which are both near Green Park station. However, keep in mind that these gates can get quite busy during rush hour.
For visitors that require assistance, complimentary personal assistant tickets are available which allow a personal assistant to ride with you.
Find more information at https://hydeparkwinterwonderland.com/accessibility/
Important notes to bear in mind?
- A cloakroom is £1 per item.
- Dogs are allowed but they must be on a leash at all times and under control.
- Address – Hyde Park, London, W2 2UH.
- Security checks will be in place upon arrival.
- Winter wonderland is an outdoor venue so make sure to dress accordingly to the weather.
- Tickets need to be booked in advance
- Winter Wonderland includes flashing lights, flash photography and music.
Writing: Tania Alasady | Subbing: Keana Issac Taylor