Here are the strangest food facts on this planet, we believe so! We reckon you will be pretty surprised by what you’re eating everyday!
Reporter: Phuong Thu Nguyen | Sub-editor: Yueer Wang
- Chocolate was once used as currency! As early as 250 A.D., ancient civilisations of Mexico and South America used the cocoa bean as a system of money. Sweet!
- One of the most hydrating foods to eat is cucumber, made up of 96% water. It contains electrolytes, which are minerals that include calcium, chloride, magnesium, phosphate, potassium, and sodium, which helps your body restore what it may have lost through dehydration. Cucumber is the best hangover cure ever!
- Almonds are actually a seed not a nut as we might know it. They’re the seeds of a flower and they’re directly related to the botanical families of orchids and roses.
- Whatever you do, don’t drop your pearls in vinegar – they’ll melt!
- What is good about Greek yoghurt? It contains up to double the amount of protein than other types.
- Honey is the only food with an eternal shelf life. It won’t rot and it can last up to 3000 years.
- Eskimos use refrigerators to stop their food from freezing!
- Apples can wake you up in the morning better than coffee due to their high levels of fructose.
- If you eat too many carrots, you may turn you slightly orange due to the beta carotene found in them. Unfortunately, they won’t make you see in the dark…
- Since 2015, throwing away food is illegal in Seattle.