A Cambridge University graduate has been identified as one of the fatalities of the London Bridge attack.
Jack Merritt, a course coordinator at Learning Together, attended the conference at Fishmongers’ Hall on Friday.
- London Bridge shut down “after gunfire”
- The Brothers of Grime
- Greta Thunberg – the 16-year-old activist, now author of the year
- How historically accurate is The Crown?
His father confirmed his identity on Twitter: “My son, Jack, who was killed in the attack, would not wish his death to be used as the pretext for more draconian sentences or for detaining people unnecessarily.
“R.I.P Jack: you were a beautiful spirit who always took the side of the underdog.”
It is believed that Merritt graduated from Cambridge in 2017. This is a developing story and will be updated.
- London Bridge: Female victim named as Saskia Jones
- London Bridge: Attacker named as Usman Khan
- Stabbing attack in the Netherlands follows London attack
- London Bridge: Live reactions
- London Bridge: Shut down “after gunfire”
Words: Michelle Del Rey | Featured Image: Jack Merritt’s Facebook