Since then, many treats have been termed ‘accidentally vegan’ in supermarkets – as very few vegans were unaware it was safe to eat.
Looking for a delicious vegan treat but don’t have the time to read the small print?
Lucky for you, I’ve done the dirty work.
- Haribo – Sour Rainbow Strips, Sour Rainbow Twists.
- Flying Saucers
- Love Hearts
- Jelly Tots
- McCoy’s – Salt & Malt Vinegar, Ultimate Sea Salt & Black Pepper, Ultimate Sizzling BBQ Chicken, Ultimate Chargrilled Steak & Peri Peri.
- Doritos – Lightly Salted, Chili Heatwave.
- Walkers – Salt & Vinegar, Ready Salted, Prawn Cocktail, Worcester Sauce, Crinkles Simply Sea Salted, Chipsticks Salt ‘n’ Vinegar Flavour.
- Propercorn – Smooth Peanut & Almond, Lightly Sea Salted, Fiery Worcester Sauce & Sun-Dried Tomato, Sweet & Salty
- Metcalfe’s Skinny Popcorn – Sweet ‘n Salt, Sea Salt, Wasabi Glaze & Cinema Sweet.
- Lotus Original Caramelised Biscuits
- Fox’s Party Rings
- Oreo cookies
- Nairn’s Biscuits – Dark Chocolate Chip Oat, Stem Ginger Oat, Mixed Berries Oat, Fruit & Spice Wheat-Free.
- Crawford’s Pink Wafers
- McVitie’s – Ginger Nuts, Fruit Shortcake, Fig Rolls, Hobnobs & Chocolate Chip Hobnobs.
Now go celebrate World Vegan Day by treating yourself to some accidentally vegan snacks.
Words: Tooba Haq | Subbing: Dipali Limbachia