Here’s why millions of people can’t wait for the adaptation of the 1991 Disney classic.
Reporter: Marta Szymborska | Sub-editor: Martina Di Gregorio
1. The film has already stolen the hearts of millions of fans with its record-breaking teaser trailer. The 1’26’’ long video (which features no sign of the cast) was seen 91.8 million times within the first 24 hours of release.
2. The live-action musical starring Emma Watson as Belle is due to come out in March 2017. This not only means that the three-year wait will soon be over (the film was announced in 2014) but most importantly – we’ll hear Miss Watson (aka Hermione Granger) sing.
3. The cast includes Emma Watson, Dan Stevens and Luke Evans with the voices of Ewan McGregor as Lumiere and Emma Thompson as Mrs. Potts. It has been confirmed that songs from the ’91 original (which was the first animated film to be nominated for an Oscar for best picture) will be featured, unlike the ones written for the Broadway Musical.
4. The director, Bill Condon is best known for The Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn Parts 1 and 2 and Mr. Holmes – films as mainstream as Beauty and the Beast is set to be.
5. Alan Menken is reuniting with the world of Beauty and the Beast. The Disney composer wrote music for the original film and this time around, he teamed up with Tim Rice to add extra songs to the line up and reinvent the classics.
See all the exclusive pictures on Entertainment Weekly’s Instagram.