Need a simple, easy, guilt free recipe? With cupboard ingredients and a few extra things, try out a healthier alternative to fat filled crisps.
Time: 25 minutes Number of people: 2-3
114g golden breadcrumbs (half of the cardboard tub)
100g hard cheese strength 4 or parmesan
20ml olive oil
1½ tsp smoked paprika powder
1 tsp sea salt
1 tsp black pepper
1. Preheat oven to 175ºC.
2. Combine the breadcrumbs, hard cheese, smoked paprika powder, sea salt and black pepper.
3. Chop the courgette to medium sized slices. Be careful not to cut them too thick, as it will not cook properly. However at the same time, do not cut them too thin as they will be flimsy even after baking or burn easily.
4. Place half of the chopped courgette onto the tray, making sure they are all covered in oil, toss them in the breadcrumb mixture. Replace this step with the other half of the courgettes.
5. Making sure there are breadcrumbs all over the courgettes, place in the oven for ten minutes.
6. Using oven gloves, remove the tray from the oven and carefully flip all of the courgette crisps, to ensure both sides are cooked.
7. Place back into the oven, for five minutes.
8. Grab the oven gloves, take the tray out and let the crispy courgettes cool for three minutes before plating up.
It’s an easy fix for an all nighter in the library. You’re probably not allowed to eat in there, but who follows rules these days?
Words: Dipali Limbachia | Subbing: Tooba Haq