Hawaii is set to make its place in the youth travel market in 2016. We give you some fun facts about Hawaii to help you discover more about the destination.
Words: Tessa Ross, Subeditor: Bea Renshaw
Over on VOL Radio’s Friday show Have You Heard we discovered that Hawaii is set to grow in popularity among 18-25 year olds. If you missed it, catch the full report here:
Sound appealing? Here’s 6 facts about Hawaii:
1. US President, Barack Obama was born there.
2. Hawaii is actually a state of America. It consists of small islands, Hawaii being the biggest.
3. More than one-third of the world’s commercial supply of pineapples comes from Hawaii.
4. Hawaii was formed by under-sea volcanoes that erupted thousands of years ago.
5. Hawaii has its own time zone: Hawaiian Standard Time. It is 10 hours behind U.K. time.
6. Kilauea volcano is the world’s most active.