The iconic lingerie label celebrated its 20th anniversary in New York last night, filled with 47 Angels, a few new faces and performances from The Weeknd, Ellie Goulding and Selena Gomez. We take a look at some of the best moments.
Words: Christie Bannon, Subeditor: Aktolkyn Auyen
1. This year saw models of the moment Kendall Jenner and Gigi Hadid take to the famous VS runway. They both looked stunning in colourful, flowing winged capes. Famous faces showed their support in the crowd – Caitlyn and Kris Jenner, and Gigi’s reality-star mother Yolanda Foster, were among some of the big names. It definitely was a special moment for the two best friends to share together!
— British Vogue (@BritishVogue) November 11, 2015
2. Despite Rihanna pulling out from the show, the performances were still amazing. Ellie Goulding sang Fifty Shades of Grey hit ‘Love Me Like You Do’, whilst the models graced the catwalk. The Weeknd and Selena Gomez also hit the runway to perform and even got the crowd up dancing.
3. Lily Aldridge was honoured with the privilege of modelling this year’s Fantasy Bra. The 29 year old model debuted the notoriously expensive lingerie set which was priced at a staggering $2 million. The Firework Fantasy Bra took more than 685 hours to create and included over 6,500 dazzling gems. In the past supermodels such as Heidi Klum, Tyra Banks and Gisele Bundchen were lucky enough to be chosen, but this year Lily got lucky.
— Victoria's Secret (@VictoriasSecret) November 11, 2015
4. There was a whole section designed around snow. Picture crystal bodysuits, fluffy earmuffs and even furry white heels. To add to the look, there was even white confetti raining down over the crowd and stage, getting everyone in the mood for Christmas.
5. The show closed with all of the models dancing on the runway to Selena Gomez and The Weeknd. This was much more fun instead of the usual designer bow! This year’s show was definitely a success…the next one has a lot to live up to.